UPGRADES/DOWNGRADES: The Department requires a new application and licensing fee for all requests to upgrade or downgrade any license type.
For example, a Check Casher Registrant that applies for an upgrade to a Full Service Check Casher License will have to complete and submit to the Department a Full Service Check Casher License Application, along with the $750 investigation and supervision fee, plus $50 for each additional location. Likewise, a Full Service Check Casher Licensee that would like to downgrade its license type to a Check Casher Registration will have to complete and submit to the Department a Check Casher Registration Application, along with the $300 investigation and registration fee.
LICENSE OR REGISTRATION REINSTATEMENTS
The FY2014 license/registration renewal period has closed.
If you wish to reinstate an expired license, this requires the submission of a new license or registration application form and all supporting documents and fees. The application form is the same as for new applicants. Please download the appropriate application form above. When submitting the application to the Department, please indicate "Reinstatement" on the first page of the application form.
Once a reinstatement application is submitted, the licensee or registrant will be contacted by e-mail in the event additional information is required. Reinstatement applications requiring additional information cannot be approved until such additional information is received and approved. All fines and fees must be paid before a check casher reinstatement license or registration is issued.
Fingerprint Processing - "GAPS"
Fingerprint processing is available statewide through the Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS). License and registration applicants who need to provide the Department with fingerprints for owners, officers and control persons, or for employees who may require the submission of fingerprint cards as a result of incomplete or questionable background check processing may now use the GAPS service. Out-of-state applicants without access to a Georgia GAPS location may still request fingerprint cards for submission directly to the Department. In-State applicants should use a GAPS location if possible. For more information and instructions, click on the GAPS links below. The GAPS form is a Word document for completion and return to the Department. On-line requests for hardcopy cards will be handled generally on the next business day.
- Fingerprint Card (hardcopy) Requests (current price is $37.25 per set)
Check Casher Surety Bond - Drafts Accepted for Collection with Payment Deferred
NOTE: This surety bond is for use in complying with O.C.G.A. Section 7-1-705(d).
OTHER FORMS AND GUIDANCE:
FinCEN Forms and Guidance (for compliance with applicable federal laws):
- FinCEN Requires Electronic Filing for MSB Registrations and other Reporting
- Enroll in FinCEN's BSA E-Filing System - Types of Forms Supported by BSA E-Filing:
Currency Transaction Report (FinCEN Form 104)
Suspicious Activity Report by Money Services Business (FinCEN Form 109, formerly 90-22.56)
Registration of Money Services Business (FinCEN Form 107)
- MSB Registration Renewal Calculator - Certain Money Services Businesses (MSBs) are required to register with FinCEN as well as renew their registrations every two calendar years. This link takes you to FinCEN's site for estimating when your registration renewal is due.
- MSB Registration Query website
- Money Service Business (MSB) Information (Links off-site to FinCEN) - This link will take you to a website created to address the needs of a special category of financial institutions under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) referred to as Money Services Businesses or MSBs. Click on the link above to learn more.
ON-LINE LICENSEE INFORMATION UPDATES AND PAYMENTS:
For our secure websites, please be sure that you accept the security certificate when prompted. Most of our payment sites perform better using the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you use Internet Explorer, please ensure that you have version 7.0 or higher.
- Mailing Address Changes
- Main Office Relocation/Address Change
- Branch Office/Location Relocations/Address Change
- Office Closure Notification
- Contact Changes: Company, Complaint, Registered Agent
- On-line EXAMINATION FEE Payments
- On-line FINE Payments