The 2014 license renewal period is now closed.
UPGRADES/DOWNGRADES: The Department requires a new application and licensing fee for all requests to upgrade or downgrade any license type.
A Money Transmission Licensee that would like to upgrade to a Seller-Issuer of Payment Instruments License will have to complete and submit to the Department a new application.
Fingerprint Processing - "GAPS"
OTHER FORMS AND GUIDANCE:
FinCEN Forms and Guidance (for compliance with applicable federal laws):
- FinCEN Requires Electronic Filing for MSB Registrations and other Reporting
- Enroll in FinCEN's BSA E-Filing System - Types of Forms Supported by BSA E-Filing:
Currency Transaction Report (FinCEN Form 104)
Suspicious Activity Report by Money Services Business (FinCEN Form 109, formerly 90-22.56)
Registration of Money Services Business (FinCEN Form 107)
- MSB Registration Renewal Calculator - Certain Money Services Businesses (MSBs) are required to register with FinCEN as well as renew their registrations every two calendar years. This link takes you to FinCEN's site for estimating when your registration renewal is due.
- MSB Registration Query website
- Money Service Business (MSB) Information (Links off-site to FinCEN) - This link will take you to a website created to address the needs of a special category of financial institutions under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) referred to as Money Services Businesses or MSBs. Click on the link above to learn more.
ON-LINE LICENSEE INFORMATION UPDATES AND REPORTING OPTIONS:
For our secure websites, please be sure that you accept the security certificate when prompted. Most of our payment sites perform better using the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you use Internet Explorer, please ensure that you have version 7.0 or higher.
- Mailing Address Changes
- Main Office Relocation/Address Change
- Branch Office/Location Relocations/Address Change
- Office Closure Notification
- Contact Changes: Company, Complaint, Registered Agent
- On-line EXAMINATION FEE Payments
- On-line FINE Payments