Department Institution/Licensee Searches:
Links are to searches for Georgia state-chartered financial institutions and other entities that are licensed or registered with the Georgia Department Department of Banking and Finance. Data is updated nightly (Monday - Friday).
Search for a Money Service Business (Check Casher, Check Seller or Money Transmitter)
Other Agency Financial Institution and Licensee Searches:
- Bank Find (Links off-site to FDIC) - Bank Find can answer questions such as: Is My Bank Insured? Where are My Bank's Branches Located? Where is My Bank's Home (Main) Office Located? What is My Bank's Web Site Address? What Happened to My Bank (Historical List of Events)? Does My Bank have a New Name? Is My Bank Still Open? And More.
- Financial Data and Other Information for a Credit Union (NOTE: Links Off-site to NCUA)
- Bank Deposit Demographics / Summary of Deposits (Links off-site to FDIC)
- NMLS Consumer Access is a fully searchable website that allows the public to view information concerning state-licensed mortgage companies, branches, and individuals currently licensed through Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Forms and Applications for Regulated Entities:
- Bank and Holding Company Forms, Applications & Registrations
- Credit Union Forms and Applications
- Mortgage Broker and Lender Forms and Applications
- Mortgage Loan Originator Licensing
- New MSB Applicants
Complaints and Inquiries Regarding Entities Regulated by the Department:
Certificate of Valid Existence/Letter of Good Standing:
Request a Letter of Good Standing for a Bank Holding Company (that owns a Georgia bank)
Request for Permission to use “bank”, "credit union", or “trust” and/or similar word(s) in a name:
- Request Permission to use "bank", "credit union", or "trust" in a name -
(pursuant to Section 7-1-243 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated)