Entities Exempt from Licensing Requirements:
- A state or federally chartered bank, trust company, credit union, savings and loan association, or savings bank with deposits that are federally insured;
- An authorized agent of a licensee;
- The United States Postal Service;
- A state or federal governmental department, agency, authority, or instrumentality and its authorized agents;
- Any foreign bank that establishes a federal branch pursuant to the International Bank Act, 12 U.S.C. Section 3102; or
- An individual employed by a licensee or any person exempted from the licensing requirements of this article when acting within the scope of employment and under the supervision of the licensee or exempted person as an employee and not as an independent contractor.
File a new application through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS):
- State Licensing Requirements and Checklists
- To gain access to the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS), please visit Getting Started
- As of 9/12/2016, criminal history background checks on MU2 individuals should be authorized and submitted through the NMLS.
Electronic Surety Bonds (ESB)
Electronic surety bonds (ESB) will be available in NMLS starting January 23, 2017.
New company license applications submitted after January 23, 2017 will be required to meet all surety bond requirements by completing the electronic surety bond process. See the ESB Adoption Map and Table for more information.
Companies are required to convert their existing surety bond to NMLS via the submission of an ESB by December 31, 2017. See the GA ESB Conversion Plan for more information.