Entities Exempt from Licensing Requirements:
- A state or federally chartered bank, trust company, credit union, savings and loan association, or savings bank with deposits that are federally insured;
- An authorized agent of a licensee;
- The United States Postal Service;
- A state or federal governmental department, agency, authority, or instrumentality and its authorized agents;
- Any foreign bank that establishes a federal branch pursuant to the International Bank Act, 12 U.S.C. Section 3102; or
- An individual employed by a licensee or any person exempted from the licensing requirements of this article when acting within the scope of employment and under the supervision of the licensee or exempted person as an employee and not as an independent contractor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Application fees for new licenses are non-refundable, regardless of whether a license is granted. A checklist is included in the application package to assist applicants in ensuring that they submit all appropriate documents to the Department.
Fingerprint Processing - "GAPS"