Entities Exempt from Licensing Requirements:
- A state or federally chartered bank, trust company, credit union, savings and loan association, or savings bank with deposits that are federally insured;
- An authorized agent of a licensee;
- The United States Postal Service;
- A state or federal governmental department, agency, authority, or instrumentality and its authorized agents;
- Any foreign bank that establishes a federal branch pursuant to the International Bank Act, 12 U.S.C. Section 3102; or
- An individual employed by a licensee or any person exempted from the licensing requirements of this article when acting within the scope of employment and under the supervision of the licensee or exempted person as an employee and not as an independent contractor.
PLEASE NOTE: In preparation for the transition of our money service businesses licenses to the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS), the Department will no longer accept paper applications but will accept new applications beginning September 2nd through the NMLS. Information will be posted on the NMLS Georgia State Licensing Requirements page on September 2nd.
Fingerprint Processing - "GAPS"