BROKERS AND LENDERS
Applications and Forms (Mortgage Brokers and Lenders)
- Jurisdiction Specific Documents
- Fingerprint Processing
- Monthly Mortgage Summary
LICENSE & REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS
Applications for a new mortgage broker/processor or lender license or registration must be made through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The Department will review and approve or deny your Georgia application through the NMLS.
Processing of background checks and fingerprint cards for brokers, lenders and processors must still be submitted through the Department. Instructions and checklists are available through the NMLS website. Review of law enforcement agency information may extend processing time up to 10 weeks. Please allow for this processing time when you submit your application through the NMLS.
Licensing/Registration Application Forms, Code & Regulations
Applicants should also download the Georgia Code Sections and Regulations. The NMLS website lists licensing information and requirements and contains a checklist to ensure that you have submitted all required jurisdiction-specific documents to the Department. Submit your application through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS):
- Online Application - information available from and filed through NMLS
- Georgia Residential Mortgage Act (GRMA) Code Sections
- Georgia Residential Mortgage Act (GRMA) Rules & Regulations
NMLS Jurisdiction Specific Documents (Adobe PDF file):
NOTE: The documents below are included within the applicable checklist and document instruction forms in NMLS and must be submitted outside of the NMLS.
- Background Check Form
Licensees should download Background Check - Employer Form for use in conducting background checks on potential employees.
- Surety Bond Form (Brokers/Lenders)
- Bonding Company List (Surety Companies)
- Branch Questionnaire Form
- Employee Background Check Form
- ID/Photo Page
- Sample Grievance Policy
- IRS-Form 4506 T
- Verification of Lawful Presence within the US
- Signature & Oath Page-Company or Individual
- Broker Education / Experience Requirements
- Changes in Management - File for approval prior to placement;
- Change in Business Structure - (generally involves change in control or new EIN);
- Establishment of a new in-state Georgia Branch Office & Manager - Prior approval & fee payment required;
- Change in approved Branch location's Manager - File for approval within 15 days of placement;
- Material change in the financial statement - File notice within 30 days of change;
- Main office or an approved branch relocation - File notice within 30 days of change;
- Mailing address change;
- Closing of a branch office;
- Changes in company contact information (company or complaint contact);
- Changes in registered agent;
- D/B/A changes or additions;
- Pending Application(s) - Status
NOTE: If you are applying for a NEW branch physically located in Georgia, or are changing the branch manager along with the change in address for the branch, a separate application for approval must be made for that new branch location and/or new branch manager. Such applications must be made through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Please DO NOT enter branches that are not physically located within the State of Georgia into the NMLS. Out-of-state branches do not require the Department’s approval and SHOULD NOT be entered into NMLS.
Other Applications filed outside of NMLS: Management, Ownership, Other Notices (Adobe PDF file):
FINGERPRINT PROCESSING - "GAPS"
ON-LINE PAYMENTS WITH THE DEPARTMENT:
For our secure websites, please be sure that you accept the security certificate when prompted. Most of our payment sites perform better using the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you use Internet Explorer, please ensure that you have version 7.0 or higher.
MORTGAGE CALL REPORT REQUIREMENTS:
Companies must file a quarterly Mortgage Call Report through the NMLS. There are two components of the MCR filing - the Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) and the Financial Condition (FC).
Companies that qualify for the Standard MCR filing:
RMLA is due quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter
FC – Due annually, within 90 days of your company’s Fiscal Year End
Companies that must submit the Expanded MCR filing*:
Both RMLA and FC components must be submitted quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter
* Companies that a a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac Seller/Service or a Ginnie Mae Issuer submit an Expanded Mortgage Call Report.
Companies that fail to file quarterly MCRs prior to the deadline will be assessed a fine and may subject their Georgia license to revocation. Any outstanding fines owed to the Department must be paid through its secure website at: https://bkgfin.dbf.state.ga.us/MtgFinePay.html.
Read more about the MCR requirements on the NMLS website at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/slr/common/mcr/Pages/default.aspx
Mortgage licensees and registrants who have a current and valid license/registration may use the button/link above to access a secure site for retrieving and printing their 2014 license or registration certificate. You will receive your login information via e-mail from the Department after your renewal or new license has been approved. If you do not remember your password click on this link: MBForgotPassword.html
After a successful login, please be sure to click on the link to open the printing instructions to ensure the best quality printing of your certificate.