Mortgage Company Applications and Resources
MORTGAGE COMPANY LICENSE/REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS
The Department uses the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) to manage all Mortgage Broker and Lender licenses/registrations. All applications and changes to a Mortgage Broker or Lender license/registration must be made through the NMLS.
Steps to Apply for a Georgia Mortgage Broker/Processor or Mortgage Lender License/Registration
- Review the Instructions and Requirements and prepare all items listed on the New Application Checklist - If you do not have the items listed on the application checklist before applying, the processing of your application will be delayed and you risk your application being withdrawn as abandoned.
- Georgia Mortgage Broker/Processor License/Registration Instructions
- Georgia Mortgage Lender License/Registration Instructions
- Apply for a Georgia Mortgage Broker/Processor or Mortgage Lender License/Registration through the NMLS.
- Complete and submit your application through the NMLS, including paying the application and licensing fees. You should also submit license requests and/or sponsorship requests for any MLOs who will be working in Georgia. Additionally, if you are going to apply for branches in Georgia, you should apply for those at the same time as well. The Georgia branch checklist and instructions can be found here: https://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/slr/PublishedStateDocuments/GA-Branch-NewApp-Checklist.pdf.
To gain access to the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS), please visit Getting Started for State-Licensed Companies
Applications for a new mortgage broker/processor or lender license/registration must be made through the NMLS. The Department will review and approve or deny your Georgia application through the NMLS.
Processing times can vary depending on the workload of the Department, the completeness of the application, the complexity of the application, and other factors such as renewals. Applications are worked in the order received, but submitting a complete application per the Department’s instructions and checklist on NMLS, will generally produce a quicker turnaround. Processing times for complete applications are generally 4-6 weeks from the time the Department begins its review.
As of 9/12/2016, criminal history background checks on MU2 individuals should be authorized and submitted through the NMLS. Instructions and checklists are available through the NMLS website. Review of law enforcement agency information may extend processing time up to 10 weeks. Please allow for this processing time when you submit your application through the NMLS.
NOTE: If you are applying for a NEW branch physically located in Georgia, or are changing the branch manager along with the change in address for the branch, a separate application for approval must be made for that new branch location and/or new branch manager. Such applications must be made through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).
Please DO NOT enter branches that are not physically located within the State of Georgia into the NMLS. Out-of-state branches do not require the Department’s approval and SHOULD NOT be entered into NMLS.
Licensing/Registration Application Forms, Code & Regulations
The NMLS website lists licensing information and requirements and contains a checklist to ensure that you have submitted all required jurisdiction-specific documents to the Department. You should become familiar with Georgia laws and regulations pertaining to the mortgage industry:
- Georgia Residential Mortgage Act (GRMA) Code Sections
- Georgia Residential Mortgage Act (GRMA) Rules & Regulations
Georgia's annual license/registration renewal period is between November 1 and December 1. Late Renewals are permitted between December 2 and December 31. Incomplete applications will be subject to expiration after December 31.
As of 9/12/2016, criminal history background checks on MU2 individuals should be authorized and submitted through the NMLS.
ON-LINE PAYMENTS WITH THE DEPARTMENT
For our secure websites, please be sure that you accept the security certificate if prompted.
MORTGAGE CALL REPORT REQUIREMENTS
Companies must file a quarterly Mortgage Call Report through the NMLS. There are two components of the MCR filing - the Residential Mortgage Loan Activity (RMLA) and the Financial Condition (FC).
- Companies that qualify for the Standard MCR filing:
- RMLA is due quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter
- FC – Due annually, within 90 days of your company’s Fiscal Year End
- Companies that must submit the Expanded MCR filing*:
- Both RMLA and FC components must be submitted quarterly, within 45 days of the end of every calendar quarter
* Companies that a a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac Seller/Service or a Ginnie Mae Issuer submit an Expanded Mortgage Call Report.
Read more about the MCR requirements on the NMLS website at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/slr/common/mcr/Pages/default.aspx
The license certificate retrieval site has been decommissioned. The Department has transitioned to a new system that will change the way you receive your license/registration certificate. The new system will send you an approval email with a PDF copy of your license/registration certificate attached one (1) business day after your application has been approved. This new process applies to both new license/registration applications and renewal applications. The email will come from the Department’s GADBF@micropact.com e-mail address. It is imperative that you maintain a copy of your certificate for future reference until next year’s renewal approval as you will not be able to retrieve your new license/registration certificate from this site.
Please ensure that your e-mail properties are set to always allow delivery of e-mail from the Department. The Department is not responsible for any missed communications if your e-mail address in NMLS is not correct or if you have set our e-mail addresses to go to junk/spam or trash.