Department’s Orders to Cease and Desist Issued to Edwardo Shuman, Diane Shuman, The Mount Zion Church Road Girls Trust, Uno Properties LLC, and House Destiny LLC Become Final
Atlanta, Georgia — On February 6, 2019, Orders to Cease and Desist issued by the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance (“Department”) to the following entities and related individuals became final:
- The Mount Zion Church Road Girls Trust using the address 2775 Cobb Parkway, Suite 109-319, Kennesaw, Georgia 30152;
- Uno Properties LLC using the address P O. Box 2134, Cartersville, Georgia 30120;
- House Destiny LLC d/b/a www.housesunlimitedllc.com using the address P.O. Box 2134, Cartersville, Georgia 30120;
- Edwardo Shuman, as Trustee of The Mount Zion Church Road Girls Trust and as a person directly or indirectly controlling Uno Properties LLC; and,
- Diane Shuman, as Trustee of The Mount Zion Church Road Girls Trust and as a person directly or indirectly controlling Uno Properties LLC.
The Orders to Cease and Desist were issued by the Department after it obtained evidence that the above entities engaged in residential mortgage lending, servicing, and/or originating activities without a license or under an applicable exemption in violation of O.C.G.A. § 7-1-1002.
Pursuant to Georgia law, it is prohibited for any person to directly or indirectly make, originate, underwrite, hold, purchase, or service mortgage loans without a mortgage license or pursuant to an exemption from licensure. It is also prohibited for any person to directly or indirectly control a person engaged in unlicensed activity, or to act as a general partner, executive officer, joint venturer, or director of such person.
It is also prohibited for any person knowingly to purchase, sell, or transfer a mortgage loan or loan application from or to an entity that is not licensed or exempt from licensing or registration provisions.
Deputy Commissioner for Non-Depository Financial Institutions
Phone: (770) 986-1371