Georgia State-Chartered Banks and Credit Unions Closure Procedures
In light of recent inquiries related to COVID-19, the Department would like to remind all Georgia State-Chartered Banks and Credit Unions of emergency closing notification procedures. Georgia Banks and Credit Unions Closure Procedures
Our Mission is to promote safe, sound, competitive financial services in Georgia through innovative, responsive regulation and supervision.
Our Vision is to be a willing and able partner with our regulated entities in order to support vibrant economic growth and prosperity in Georgia.
Our Motto is: “Safeguarding Georgia’s Financial Services”
The Department’s Core Values are:
- To maintain the safety and soundness of financial institutions and thereby promote confidence in the financial system;
- To maintain responsiveness and credibility with consumers, employees and constituents;
- To preserve the choice of financial institution charters by promoting a state system of financial institutions that is responsive to state and community needs;
- To use technology to enhance our efficiency and effectiveness;
- To assure a high level of staff professionalism that provides for quality performance, good decision-making, continuous learning and active participation in national and state professional organizations and policy-making bodies;
- To encourage appropriate competition among financial service providers; and
- To create and maintain a positive work environment which encourages open communications and equal opportunities for employment and advancement.